This supplemental pack is aligned to the Journeys 2011/2012, 2014, & 2017 curriculum for 4th grade.
Upon opening the zip file, simply select the lesson that matches the publication year of your curriculum. (The only difference between the publication years are the vocabulary words.)
This Journeys Grade 4 supplemental pack is created to supplement Unit 6, Lesson 27 (Amphibian Alert). The reading responses, activities, and interactive notebook pages focus on the Reading Literature and Language sections of the curriculum.
for ALL Journeys Lessons and Bundles available in my store!
These pages were designed to be engaging to students, yet rigorous.
The fonts are interesting but easy to read, interactive notebook pages are included, and students are given opportunities to color and cut & paste. Students must have access to the text as they work, as many pages require text evidence.
Click PREVIEW for many full-size page previews!
Students love these interactive pages! Don't worry if you do not use Interactive Notebooks in your classroom. The interactive pages in this lesson can be glued onto notebook paper or construction paper. You can even staple a "notebook" of lined paper for them to use with their Journeys lessons! They'll love this new way of demonstrating their learning.
• Asking Questions – interactive notebook
• Picture Summary – drawing/coloring
• Vocabulary Definitions – interactive notebook
Reading Literature & Informational Text supplements:
• Main Idea and Details Web - Students complete the graphic organizer, noting the main ideas and details as they read.
• Main Idea and Details - Students complete the graphic organizer, noting the main ideas and details as they read.
• Main Idea and Details (Main Ideas Provided) - Students complete the graphic organizer, supporting the main ideas with details from the text.
• Asking Questions - Students record their questions as they read. They record the answers if they find them!
• Asking Questions: Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How - Students ask questions as they read, classifying them by Who, What, Where, When, Why and How.
• Author’s Word Choice: Analyzing Words - Students read each sentence and explain the importance of the italicized words.
• Author’s Word Choice - Students complete sentences by circling the word that makes the more powerful sentence.
• Amphibian Alert! Text dependent questions
• The Frog in the Milk Pail – picture summary
• Toad by the Road & The Poison-Dart Frogs Poetry Connection – Students analyze and answer questions about poems.
• Vocabulary Word Wall Words – The 10 vocabulary words are printed in large, in black & white, to be printed and hung in the classroom.
• Dictionary Definitions and Sentence Writing
• Using Context Clues
• Analogies – Students use the words from the Word Bank to complete the analogies.
• Spelling List – 2 to a page, to be printed and cut apart
• Spelling 3 Times Each
• Spelling Words ABC Order
• Comparing with Good & Bad - Students circle the correct form of good or bad for each sentence.
• Making Comparisons with Adverbs - Students complete the table of adverbs, comparative adverbs, and superlative adverbs.
An entire year of Journeys supplements for your 4th Grade classroom!
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 1-3 for 2014 & 2017
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 4-6 for 2014 & 2017
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 1-3 for 2011/2012
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 4-6 for 2011/2012
Below are more lessons available for Unit 6:
Journeys Lesson 26
Journeys Lesson 28
Journeys Lesson 29
Journeys Lesson 30
Unit 6 BUNDLE 2014 & 2017
Unit 6 BUNDLE 2011/2012
Please Note: These materials have been created by Amanda Garcia. The materials are not developed or endorsed by the Houghton Mifflin Publishing Company.