This supplemental pack is aligned to the Journeys 2014 curriculum for 4th grade.
This Journeys Grade 4 supplemental pack is created to supplement Unit 6, Lesson 28 (Museums: Worlds of Wonder). The reading responses, activities, and interactive notebook pages focus on the Reading Literature and Language sections of the curriculum.
for ALL Journeys Lessons and Bundles available in my store!
These pages were designed to be engaging to students, yet rigorous.
The fonts are interesting but easy to read, interactive notebook pages are included, and students are given opportunities to color and cut & paste. Students must have access to the text as they work, as many pages require text evidence.
Click PREVIEW for many full-size page previews!
Students love these interactive pages! Don't worry if you do not use Interactive Notebooks in your classroom. The interactive pages in this lesson can be glued onto notebook paper or construction paper. You can even staple a "notebook" of lined paper for them to use with their Journeys lessons! They'll love this new way of demonstrating their learning.
• Fact and Opinion – interactive notebook
• Monitor and Clarify: Tricky Words – interactive notebook
• Making the Most From Trash – interactive notebook
• Vocabulary Definitions – interactive notebook
• Fact and Opinion – coloring
• Prefix Sort – cut & paste
• Possessive Pronouns – cut & paste
Reading Literature & Informational Text supplements:
• Fact and Opinion - Students complete the graphic organizer, noting facts and opinions as they read.
• Fact and Opinion Coloring - Students study the sentences and color the picture frames according to whether each sentence is a fact or opinion.
• Monitor and Clarify: Asking Questions - Students monitor their own understanding as they read. They write down questions that have while reading.
• Monitor and Clarify: Tricky Words - Students note any tricky words they read. They complete the table to note the word, the page number, the possible definition using context clues, and the dictionary definition.
• Museums: Worlds of Wonder Text Questions - Students answer questions about the text. They must look back in the text to provide evidence for their thinking.
• Dinosaur Bone & Museum Farewell - Students answer questions about the poems. They must look back in the text to provide evidence for their thinking.
• Essential Question - Students journal write, answering the essential question: “How do museums teach us about our world?”
• Vocabulary Word Wall Words – The 10 vocabulary words are printed in large, in black & white, to be printed and hung in the classroom.
• Dictionary Definitions and Sentence Writing
• Using Context Clues
• Prefix Sort - Students sort words based upon the prefixes con-, com-, in-, and im-.
• Prefix Meanings - Students use their knowledge of the meanings of the prefixes to match words to their definitions.
• Spelling Words, Writing 3x Each - Students write their spelling words 3 times each.
• Spelling Rainbow Words - Students write the spelling words in rainbow order. The first letter is red, the second is orange, and so on.
• Possessive Pronouns Cut & Paste - Students cut and paste the possessive pronouns next to the word or words it best replaces.
• Possessive Pronouns - Students replace the underlined word with the correct pronoun from the word bank.
Below are more lessons available for Unit 6:
Journeys Lesson 26
Journeys Lesson 27
Journeys Lesson 29
Journeys Lesson 30
Journeys Unit 6 BUNDLE
Please Note: These materials have been created by Amanda Garcia. The materials are not developed or endorsed by the Houghton Mifflin Publishing Company.