This supplemental pack is aligned to the Journeys 2014 and 2017 curriculum for 4th grade.
This Journeys Grade 4 supplemental pack is created to supplement Unit 1, Lesson 3 (My Librarian is a Camel). The reading responses, activities, and interactive notebook pages focus on the Reading Literature and Language sections of the curriculum.
for Journeys Lesson 3 (How Tia Lola Came to Stay) aligned to 2011/2012.
for ALL Journeys Lessons and Bundles available in my store!
These pages were designed to be engaging to students, yet rigorous.
The fonts are interesting but easy to read, interactive notebook pages are included, and students are given opportunities to color and cut & paste. Students must have access to the text as they work, as many pages require text evidence.
Click PREVIEW for many full-size page previews!
Students love these interactive pages! Don't worry if you do not use Interactive Notebooks in your classroom. The interactive pages in this lesson can be glued onto notebook paper or construction paper. You can even staple a "notebook" of lined paper for them to use with their Journeys lessons! They'll love this new way of demonstrating their learning.
• Cause and Effect - interactive notebook
• Cause and Effect – cut and paste
• Visualizing - interactive notebook
• Vocabulary Definitions – interactive notebook
• Spelling Sort – cut and paste
Reading Literature & Informational Text supplements:
• Cause and Effect – Students look for and write about the causes and effects in the story.
• Cause and Effect 2 – Students read the story and explain the effects of the given causes, and exaplain the causes for the given effects.
• Visualizing – Students draw and describe a visualization they had while reading.
• Text-dependent story questions
• Interpreting Visuals – Students study the sidebars and complete a table about each country’s capital, population, and 2 interesting facts.
• Essential Question – Students journal write about the story’s essential question.
• From Idea to Book: Text-dependent questions
• Vocabulary Word Wall Words – The 10 vocabulary words are printed in large, in black & white, to be printed and hung in the classroom.
• Dictionary Definitions and Sentence Writing
• Vocabulary Synonyms – Students match vocabulary words to their synonyms.
• Using Context Clues
• Spelling List – 2 to a page, to be printed and cut apart
• Spelling 3 Times Each
• Spelling Triangle Words
• Spelling Sort – Long /i/ and Short /i/ - Students write words into the correct column based on their vowel sound.
• Using Quotation Marks – Students insert quotation marks around words being spoken. They add a comma to set of the quotation and capitalize the first letter of the quotation.
• Working with Quotations – Students circle the sentences that are punctuated correctly.
An entire year of Journeys supplements for your 4th Grade classroom!
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 1-3 for 2014 & 2017
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 4-6 for 2014 & 2017
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 1-3 for 2011/2012
HALF-YEAR BUNDLE Units 4-6 for 2011/2012
Below are more lessons available for Unit 1!
Journeys Lesson 1
Journeys Lesson 2
Journeys Lesson 4
Journeys Lesson 5
Unit 1 BUNDLE 2014 & 2017
Unit 1 BUNDLE 2011/2012
Please Note: These materials have been created by Amanda Garcia. The materials are not developed or endorsed by the Houghton Mifflin Publishing Company.