This bundle is aligned with Journeys 4th Grade Unit 1-3, 2011 version. It is packed full of engaging activities perfect for whole group, CENTERS, EARLY FINISHERS, HOMEWORK, ELA ROTATIONS, & STATIONS.
Great for SUB PLANS too:) These activities are designed to teach, re-teach, practice, or assess the lessons taught in these units.
We also offer the half year Common Core 2014 version, as well as the full year 2017 edition.
A list of the unit lesson stories are listed below:
Unit 1 – Reaching Out
“Big Idea” Poster- “Helping brings out the best in us.“
• Lesson 1 “Because of Winn-Dixie” (Realistic Fiction), “Because of Book Ends” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 2 “My Brother Martin: A Sister Remembers Growing Up with the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.”( Biography), “Langston Hughes: A Poet and a Dreamer” (Poetry)
• Lesson 3 “How Tia Lola Came to Stay” (Realistic Fiction), “Pizza Pizzazz ” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 4 “The Power of W.O.W.!” (Play), “Knowing Noses: Search-and-Rescue Dogs” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 5 “Stormalong” (Tall Tale), “Hoderi the Fisherman” (Play)
Unit 2 – Do You Know What I Mean?
“Big Idea” Poster- “We express ourselves in many ways.”
• Lesson 6 “Once Upon a Cool Motorcycle Dude” (Fairytale), “Storyteller Diane Ferlatte” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 7 “Coming Distractions: Questioning Movies” (Informational Text), “The Wonder of Animation” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 8 “Me and Uncle Romie” (Realistic Fiction), “Sidewalk Artists” (Readers’ Theater)
• Lesson 9 “ Dear Mr. Winston” (Realistic Fiction), “Field Guide to Snakes of the Southwest” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 10 “Jose! Born to Dance” (Biography), “Dance to the Beat” (Poetry)
Unit 3- Natural Encounters
“Big Idea” Poster- “Nature can amaze us.”
• Lesson 11 “The Screech Owl Who Liked Television” (Narrative Nonfiction), “In the Wild” (Readers’ Theater)
• Lesson 12 “The Earth Dragon Awakes”( Historical Fiction), “Texas Twisters”(Informational Text)
• Lesson 13 “ Antarctic Journal: Four Months at the Bottom of the World” (Narrative Nonfiction), “The Coolest Marathon” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 14 “Te Life and Times of the Ant” (Informational Text), “The Dove and the Ant” (Fable)
• Lesson 15 “Ecology for Kids” (Informational Text), “Wonderful Weather” (Poetry)
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Copyright 2014 Carol Beaumont
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Journeys 4th Grade Unit 4 “Never Give Up” Supplemental Materials
Journeys 4th Grade Unit 5 “Change is All Around” Supplemental Materials
Journeys 4th Grade Unit 6 “Paths to Discovery” Supplemental Materials
Journeys 4th Grade Unit 4-5-6 Half Year Bundle Supplemental Materials
Journeys 4th Grade Language Arts Reading Full Year Bundle Units 1-6 Supplemental Materials
Social Studies Research Report Bundle
Animal Report and Insect Report Bundle
Earthquake – Volcano – Planet Research Report Bundle
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Planet Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research Report
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
Common Core Respiratory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Country Report Packet
Volcano Research Report
Dinosaur Research Report
Insect Research Report
Amphibian Research Report
Ocean Animal Research Report
Earthquake Research Report
Reptile Research Report
DISCLAIMER: These materials were prepared by The Teacher Team and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, publisher of the original [component] work on which this material is based.