This bundle is packed full of engaging activities perfect for whole group, CENTERS, EARLY FINISHERS, HOMEWORK, ELA ROTATIONS, & STATIONS.
Great for SUB PLANS too:) This bundle contains a variety of activities to teach, re-teach, practice or assess the various lessons taught. Each activity is unique to each lesson.
This is the 2011 version. We also offer the Common Core 2014 half year bundle and the full-year, 2017 edition as well.
Included in this packet is the following:
Unit 4 – Never Give Up!
“Big Idea” Poster- “There is more than one secret to success. “
• Lesson 16 “Riding Freedom” (Historical Fiction), “Spindletop” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 17 “The Right Dog for the Job: Ira’s Path from Service Dog to Guide Dog”( Narrative Nonfiction), “Sticky Coyote ”(Readers’ Theater)
• Lesson 18 “Moon Runner” (Realistic Fiction), “A Day For the Moon” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 19 “ Harvesting Hope: The Story of Cesar Chavez” (Biography), “The Edible Schoolyard” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 20 “Sacagawea” (Biography), “Native American Nature Poetry” (Poetry)
Unit 5 – CHANGE Is All Around
“Big Idea” Poster- “Change happens to us and because of us.”
• Lesson 21 “The World According to Humphrey” (Fantasy), “Make the Switch” (Advertisements)
• Lesson 22 “I Could Do That! Esther Morris Gets the Vote”( Biography), “Working for the Vote”(Play)
• Lesson 23 “The Ever-Living Tree: The Life and Times of a Coast Redwood” (Informational Text), “Towering Trees” (Poetry)
• Lesson 24 “ Owen and Mzee: The True Story of a Remarkable Friendship” (Narrative Nonfiction), “Sea Sanctuary” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 25 “The Fun They Had” (Science Fiction), “Technology for All Learners” (Informational Text)
Unit 6- Paths to Discovery
“Big Idea” Poster- “Exploration leads people to discovery.”
• Lesson 26 “The Girl Who Loved Spiders” (Realistic Fiction), “Web Wise” (Informational Text)
• Lesson 27 “Amphibian Alert!” (Informational Text), “The Frog in the Milk Pail” (Fable)
• Lesson 28 “Museums: Worlds of Wonder” (Expository Nonfiction), “Making the Most from Trash” (Photo Essay)
• Lesson 29 “Save Timber Woods!” (Play), “Following Muir: A Persuasive Essay” (Persuasive Essay)
• Lesson 30 “Mystery at Reed’s Pond” (Mystery), “A Big Python Problem” (Informational Text)
Included for each lesson’s anthologies are the following:
• Crossword Puzzles( Vocabulary Development)
• Answer Keys for Crossword Puzzle (Vocabulary Development)
• Word Banks for Crossword Puzzles (Vocabulary Development)
• CLOZE (fill in the blank) worksheets (Vocabulary Development)
• Writing Templates (Stationary) associated with each story and skill being taught such as “Personal Narrative, Persuasive Essays, Summaries, Poetry, etc.
• Graphic Organizers associated with the story
• Task Cards or grammar worksheets in some lessons
• Common Core Essential Questions in some lessons
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Copyright 2014 Carol Beaumont
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Journeys 4th Grade Unit 1 “Reaching Out” Supplemental Materials
Journeys 4th Grade Unit 2 “Do You Know What I Mean?” Supplemental Materials
Journeys 4th Grade Unit 3 “Natural Encounters” Supplemental Materials
Journeys 4th Grade Unit 1-2-3 Half Year Bundle Supplemental Materials
Journeys 4th Grade Language Arts Reading Full Year Bundle Units 1-6 Supplemental Materials
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research Report
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Country Report Packet
Volcano Research Report
DISCLAIMER: These materials were prepared by The Teacher Team and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, publisher of the original [component] work on which this material is based.