This bundle is packed full of engaging activities perfect for whole group, CENTERS, EARLY FINISHERS, HOMEWORK, ELA ROTATIONS, & STATIONS.
Great for SUB PLANS too:)
Students practice Vocabulary, Spelling, Story Skills, and more!
This set of task cards is for “Early Finisher’s” as well as “Centers” and are designed by using the content from each lesson in Units 1 through 6 to facilitate student engagement through the use of supplemental, enrichment, and sometimes challenge activities associated with each lesson.
These are perfect for a “Center” or a rotation of “Daily Five” (some tasks can fit in the writing rotation, word work rotation, or possibly “read to someone else” rotation if they are reading the task on the card to someone else as they work on the activity together.
This task card bundle is made for the Journey’s Common Core 2014 version of Journeys.
We also offer the 2011 version.
Here are the stories included for all of the lessons in Units 1 through 6 Common Core 2014 version task cards:
• Lesson 1 “Because of Winn-Dixie” ,“Because of BookEnds”
• Lesson 2 “My Brother Martin: A Sister Remembers Growing Up with the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.”, “Langston Hughes: A Poet and a Dreamer”
• Lesson 3 “My Librarian Is a Camel”, “From Idea to Book”
• Lesson 4 “The Power of W.O.W.!”, “The Kid’s Guide to Money”
• Lesson 5 “Stormalong”, “Hoderi the Fisherman”
• Lesson 6 “Invasion from Mars” , “The History of Radio”
• Lesson 7 “Coming Distractions: Questioning Movies” , “How Do They Do That?”
• Lesson 8 “Me and Uncle Romie” , “Sidewalk Artists”
• Lesson 9 “ Dear Mr. Winston” , “Field Guide to Snakes of the Southwest”
• Lesson 10 “Jose’! Born to Dance”, “Dance to the Beat”
• Lesson 11 “Hurricanes: Earth’s Mightiest Storms” ,“Recovering From Katrina”
• Lesson 12 “The Earth Dragon Awakes”, “Twisters”
• Lesson 13 “ Antarctic Journal: Four Months at the Bottom of the World” , “Cold, Cold Science”
• Lesson 14 “The Life and Times of the Ant” , “The Dove and the Ant”
• Lesson 15 “Ecology for Kids”, “Wonderful Weather”
• Lesson 16 “Riding Freedom” ,“Spindletop”
• Lesson 17 “The Right Dog for the Job: Ira’s Path from Service Dog to Guide Dog”, “Knowing Noses: Search-and-Rescue Dogs”
• Lesson 18 “Hercules’ Quest”, “Zomo’s Friends”
• Lesson 19 “Harvesting Hope: The Story of Cesar Chavez”, “The Edible Schoolyard”
• Lesson 20 “Sacagawea”, “Native American Nature Poetry”
• Lesson 21 “The World According to Humphrey” , “Make the Switch”
• Lesson 22 “I Could Do That! Esther Morris Gets Women the Vote , “The Role of the Constitution”
• Lesson 23 “The Ever-Living Tree: The Life and Times of a Coast Redwood” , “Towering Trees”
• Lesson 24 “ Owen and Mzee: The True Story of a Remarkable Friendship” , “Sea Sanctuary”
• Lesson 25 “The Fun They Had”, “Toys! Amazing Stories Behind Some Great Inventions”
• Lesson 26 “The Girl Who Loved Spiders” ,“Web Wise”
• Lesson 27 “Amphibian Alert!”, “The Frog in the Milk Pail”
• Lesson 28 “ Museums: Worlds of Wonder” , “Making the Most from Trash”
• Lesson 29 “Save Timber Woods!” , “Following Muir: A Persuasive Essay”
• Lesson 30“Mystery at Reed’s Pond”, “A Big Python Problem”
This product contains 240 individual task cards representing all five lessons, and six total units.
Just print, laminate, and cut! You can bind them together on a ring or put them in small box.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: A few of the task cards do have an option for Internet research. At our school we are fortunate enough to have technology where our students have access to computers, chrome books, laptops, and / or IPads, so if your students do not have access to technology, just remove these task cards.
The task card templates are created by Amy Alvis. Here is a link to her store: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Amy-Alvis
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
“JOURNEYS Common Core”, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, copyright 2014 ISBN 13: 9780547885520
The Teacher Team
Please click on the titles below to view each product individually:
Journeys Common Core 4th Grade Unit 1 Early Finishers Task Cards
Journeys Common Core 4th Grade Unit 2 Early Finishers Task Cards
Journeys Common Core 4th Grade Unit 3 Early Finishers Task Cards
Journeys Common Core 4th Grade Unit 4 Early Finishers Task Cards
Journeys Common Core 4th Grade Unit 5 Early Finishers Task Cards
Journeys Common Core 4th Grade Unit 6 Early Finishers Task Cards
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Journeys Common Core 4th Grade Units 1-6 Supplemental Materials 2014 Edition
Journeys Common Core 4th Grade Unit 1 Supplemental Materials 2014 Edition
Journeys Common Core 4th Grade Unit 2 Supplemental Materials 2014 Edition
Journeys Common Core 4th Grade Unit 3 Supplemental Materials 2014 Edition
Journeys Common Core 4th Grade Unit 4 Supplemental Materials 2014 Edition
Journeys Common Core 4th Grade Unit 5 Supplemental Materials 2014 Edition
Journeys Common Core 4th Grade Unit 1-2-3 Half Year Bundle 2014 Edition
Journeys Common Core 4th Grade Unit 4-5-6 Half Year Bundle 2014 Edition
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright 2015 The Teacher Team
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Commercial License Number 1012173667
“Graphics &/or Fonts Copyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com
DISCLAIMER: These materials were prepared by The Teacher Team and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, publisher of the original [component] work on which this material is based.