This bundle is packed full of engaging activities perfect for whole group, CENTERS, EARLY FINISHERS, HOMEWORK,& ELA ROTATIONS.
Great for SUB PLANS too:) Students practice spelling and vocabulary words, story skills, and much, much more!
This is the 2014, Common Core edition. We also offer the 2017 and 2011 editions.
These activities are designed to teach, re-teach, practice, or assess the lessons taught in these units. All of the lessons from units 4, 5, and 6 are included in this bundle. A list of the unit lesson stories are listed below:
This product combines 3 products into 1 for a great value!
• Lesson 16 “Lunch Money”, “Zap! Pow! A History of the Comics”
• Lesson 17 “LAFFF”, “From Dreams to Reality ”
• Lesson 18 “The Dog Newspaper”, “Poetry About Poetry”
• Lesson 19 “ Darnell Rock Reporting” , “Volunteer!”
• Lesson 20 “The Black Stallion”, “Horse Power”
• Lesson 21 “Tucket’s Travels” , “Wild Weather”
• Lesson 22 “The Birchbark House”, “Four Seasons of Food”
• Lesson 23 “Vaqueros: America’s First Cowboys”, “Rhyme on the Range”
• Lesson 24 “ Rachel’s Journey” , “Westward to Freedom”
• Lesson 25 “Lewis and Clark”, “A Surprise Reunion”
• Lesson 26 “Skywoman’s Rescue ” , “Animals on the Move”
• Lesson 27 “Mysteries at Cliff Palace”, “Cave of the Crystals ”
• Lesson 28 “Fossils: A Peek Into the Past”, “Trapped in Tar!”
• Lesson 29 “Fossil Fish Found!”, “The Case of the Missing Deer”
• Lesson 30 “Journey to Cuzco”, “Get Lost! The Puzzle of Mazes”
Included for each lesson’s anthologies are the following:
• Crossword Puzzles( Vocabulary Development)
• Answer Keys for Crossword Puzzle (Vocabulary Development)
• Word Banks for Crossword Puzzles (Vocabulary Development)
• CLOZE (fill in the blank) worksheets (Vocabulary Development)
• Writing Templates (Stationary) associated with each story and skill being taught such as “Personal Narrative, Persuasive Essays, Summaries, Poetry, etc.
• Graphic Organizers associated with the story
• Task Cards or grammar worksheets in some lessons
• Common Core Essential Questions in some lessons
Here is some more description and detail for some of the content that is included in this packet:
We have developed writing “templates” for many of the writing opportunities found within these lessons. In our classrooms we use these writing templates in a variety of ways. They can be used for assessment to monitor student development in all areas of vocabulary and writing. We also use these pieces of student writing for the bulletin boards in the classroom to always have current student writing shown tied directly to the current anthology or lesson you are teaching. These pieces of writing can also be saved for a writing portfolio to show writing progress on various genres of student writing as they grow throughout the year, and shown at Open House.
Grammar and Word Work-
We have developed worksheet activities to practice some of the grammar skills taught within each theme. These worksheets can also be used for assessment purposes.
We have developed a variety of “Essential Questions” for the passages to promote higher level thinking, citing examples and evidence, and align with Common Core Practices.
Each product in this bundle can be purchased separately, but purchased together is a great value.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Please click on the titles below to view each product individually
Journeys Common Core 5th Grade Unit 4 Supplemental Materials 2014 Edition
Journeys Common Core 5th Grade Unit 5 Supplemental Materials 2014 Edition
Journeys 5th Grade Unit 6 “Journey to Discovery” Supplemental Materials
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Social Studies Research Report Bundle
Animal Report and Insect Report Bundle
Earthquake – Volcano – Planet Research Report Bundle
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Planet Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research Report
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
Common Core Respiratory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Country Report Packet
Volcano Research Report
Dinosaur Research Report
Insect Research Report
Amphibian Research Report
Ocean Animal Research Report
Earthquake Research Report
Reptile Research Report
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright 2014 The Teacher Team
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Commercial License Number 1012173667
“Graphics &/or Fonts Copyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com
Background Paper from “Teachers Toolkit”… please see their store www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teachers-Toolkit
Ribbons frames by Teacher’s Gumbo
Pastel polka dot border created by Katie Thomson, check out her store on TPT
Borders by Krista Wallden, check out her store on TPT
Borders by Dancing Crayon Designs, check out her TPT store
Basket Weave borders made by JessCabral, a Seller on TPT… check out her store.
Square Polka Dot border by Ashley Hughes, Seller on TPT… check out her store.
World map image found and credit given to outling-world-map.com
DISCLAIMER: These materials were prepared by The Teacher Team and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, publisher of the original [component] work on which this material is based.