This supplemental pack is aligned to the Journeys 2011/2012, 2014, and 2017 curriculum for 6th grade.
This Journeys Grade 6 supplemental pack is created to supplement Unit 5, Lesson 25 (Robotics). The reading responses, activities, and interactive notebook pages focus on the Reading Literature and Language sections of the curriculum.
for all Journeys 6th Grade lessons and BUNDLES available in my store!
These pages were designed to be engaging to students, yet rigorous.
The fonts are interesting but easy to read, interactive notebook pages are included, and students are given opportunities to color and cut & paste. Students must have access to the text as they work, as many pages require text evidence.
Click PREVIEW for many full-size page previews!
Students love these interactive pages! Don't worry if you do not use Interactive Notebooks in your classroom. The interactive pages in this lesson can be glued onto notebook paper or construction paper. You can even staple a "notebook" of lined paper for them to use with their Journeys lessons! They'll love this new way of demonstrating their learning.
• Sequence of Events – interactive notebook
• My Visualization – interactive notebook
• Main Idea and Supporting Details – interactive notebook (This is a bonus skill not included in the 2011/2012 edition.)
• Vocabulary Definitions – interactive notebook
Reading Literature & Informational Text supplements:
• Sequence of Events – Students complete the graphic organizer, noting the sequence of events. They record the most important events, in the order they took place.
• Order the Events - Students note the sequence of events during Dante’s journey into the volcano. They number the events into the correct order.
• Visualizing – Students choose one robot to draw. They show the robot in action, according to their own visualization.
• Main Idea and Details Web - Students complete the graphic organizer, noting one main idea and six supporting details. (This is a bonus skill not included in the 2011/2012 edition.)
• Robotics Text Questions – Students answer text-dependent questions. They need access to the text in order to provide evidence for their thinking.
• Dr. Sneed’s Best Friend Story Map - Students complete a Story Map about the play. They note the characters, the setting, and the important plot events.
• Essential Question – Students journal write, answering the essential question, “How do robots solve problems?”
• Vocabulary Word Wall Words – Word Wall Words are provided for teachers wanting to hang the selection vocabulary on their focus wall.
• Dictionary Definitions and Sentence Writing - Students complete the table, using the glossary to define each vocabulary word. Then, they write sentences using the vocabulary words, showing they understand each word’s meaning.
• Vocabulary: Using Context Clues - Students use context clues to complete each sentence with the correct vocabulary word.
• Vocabulary: Synonyms - Students match each word to its synonym.
• Spelling List – 2 to a page, to be printed and cut apart
• Spelling Practice: 3 Times Each – Students write the spelling words three times each.
• Spelling Practice: Vowels and Consonants - Students choose two colors and write the spelling words. One color is for consonants and one is for vowels.
• Spelling Practice: Creating a Word Search – Students create their own word search using the spelling words.
• Grammar: Proper Mechanics - Students correct each sentence. They correct spelling and verb tense, and add capitals and punctuation, as needed.
An entire year of Journeys supplements for your 6th Grade classroom!
Half Year Bundle Units 1-3
Half Year Bundle Units 4-6
More supplements for Unit 5:
Please Note: These materials have been created by Amanda Garcia. The materials are not developed or endorsed by the Houghton Mifflin Publishing Company.