Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
31.03 MB | 11 files zipped pages
Alternative Assessment Project- Term 1
This is best used as an alternate assessment for Lessons 1 & 2 of Journey's. It could also be used as a part of a Summative Assessment of the Unit-
The project can also be implemented using other lessons and Leveled Readers-
This is a zip file with all you need for Lesson 1 & 2 in the Journey's.
Students should able to
• Read and comprehend basic information in Humorous Fiction & Non-Fiction
• Identify and analyze story elements such as plot, setting and characters.
• Draw conclusions and make generalization based on text details
• Demonstrate and Use Vocabulary related to text
• Identify Declarative, Interrogative, Imperative, and Exclamatory sentences and use them in the descriptive composition.
• Identify and recognize complete and simple subjects
• Identify the subject and predicate in a sentence
• Identify sentence fragments
The Alternative Assessment will have 4 components that equal up to 70 points, and include all of the objectives covered by the original assessment.
Part 1, 2, & 3: Students will be given a small story booklet from Journey's Leveled Readers. The student must read the story and complete the skills and questions on pages 19 and 20.
Part 1: Target Skills: Students should complete the target skill questions in the booklet.
Part 2: Vocabulary: Students should complete the Vocabulary section by writing each word in a sentence that shows they understand the meaning.
Part 3: Write About it: Students should complete the Write About it activity section. Students should write in complete sentences, using proper grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure. Students should also make sure to include at least one example of each type of the 4 sentences in their writing.
Part 4: Diorama- A Diorama is a 3 dimensional physical representation or a model miniature model, sometimes enclosed in a glass case in a museum.