The words that are practiced in these activities are: am, at, sat, man, dad, and mat
This flip chart contains 7 spelling activities for the reading series Houghton Mifflin Harcourt® Texas Journeys story What is a Pal? but can be used with any unit as there is no reference to the story. Each activity can be used with the whole class or in small group centers.
For a demo on using this activity, check out my YouTube video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUn-_Gmxe_8
A preview file is available also. Just click the download preview button at the top of the page.
The 7 activities included are:
1. Students will write the word based on what they hear. This activity is self checking.
2. Students will find the spelling words in a word search (no audio with this activity). Teacher will need to determine if right or wrong.
3. Students will spell the word based on a picture, an audio clue, and the first letter.This activity is self checking.
4. Student will play a board game. Each square of the board game contains audio. The students click the square, hear the word, and spell it aloud. Teacher determines if right or not.
5.Student will match the spelling word to a picture. Audio clues are available and the students can self check their work.
6.The student will unscramble their spelling word. Audio clues are available and the student can self check their work.
7. The student will put the words in alphabetical order.This activity is self checking.
What you will need to use this activity:
- ActivInspire Software
- Interactive Whiteboard
Also Available in this series
Spelling Center oo words
Spelling Centers adding ed & ing to words
Spelling Centers adding er & est to words
Spelling Centers adding ly, y, and ful to words
Spelling Centers ar words
Spelling Centers for oo ou ew words
Spelling Centers igh, y, ie words
Spelling Centers Syllables CV Words
Spelling Centers Syllables ow & ou words
Be sure and check out my store for more great resources!