The words that are practiced in these activities are: shook, look, wood, hood, good, crook, hook, brook, hoof, took, foot, and book.
This flip chart contains 7 spelling activities. Each activity can be used with the whole class or in small group centers. These are the spelling words for the reading series Houghton Mifflin Harcourt® Texas Journeys story Whistle For Willie but can be used with any unit as there is no reference to the story.
For a demo on using this activity, check out my YouTube video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6DN9S-0UVA
A preview file is available also. Just click the download preview button at the top of the page.
The 7 activities included are:
1. Students will write the word based on what they hear. This activity is self checking.
2. Students will find the spelling words in a word search (no audio with this activity). Teacher will need to determine if right or wrong.
3. Students will spell the word based on a picture, an audio clue, and the first letter.This activity is self checking.
4. Student will match the spelling word to a picture. Audio clues are available and the students can self check their work.
5. The student will unscramble their spelling word. Audio clues are available and the student can self check their work.
6. Student will play a board game. Each square of the board game contains audio. The students click the square, hear the word, and spell it aloud. Teacher determines if right or not.
7. In Walk the Plank, students will roll a die. They will then click on the number to hear a word. If they answer correctly, they choose another person pirate to walk the plank. If they get it wrong, their pirate walks the plank. Last pirate standing wins. Teacher will need to be the judge of the answers.
What you will need to use this activity:
- ActivInspire Software
- Interactive Whiteboard
Also Available in this series
Spelling Center ow & ou words
Spelling Centers adding ed & ing to words
Spelling Centers adding er & est to words
Spelling Centers adding ly, y, and ful to words
Spelling Centers ar words
Spelling Centers for oo ou ew words
Spelling Centers igh, y, ie words
Spelling Centers Syllables CV Words
Be sure and check out my store for more great resources!