Comprehensive and diverse “Where are You Going, Where Have You Been?” Unit using Connections in Song, Poetry, Historical Events, Mythology and Fairytales. Provides supplemental texts to examine alongside Oates' short story to enhance the understanding and allow for more thought provoking discussions. Contains a connected lesson on Loss of Innocence and Examining the Devil Figure in Literature. This is hours upon hours worth of work that will give you days and days of class material.
What is Included:
• Discussion Questions
• Coming of Age lesson and story
• All 5 Supplemental Works to go with Oates' short story
• Individual Questions/Lesson for each one
• Jigsaw Activity for all 5 texts
• Additional Lesson on the Devil Figure (this is if you want to spend more time examining and discussing the devil figure represented by Arnold Friend in the text)