This document is the opening part of a study of Colombia and the music of Juanes.
• An autobiography of Juanes, followed by basic comprehension questions
• Map work for Colombia, including Medellín
• Preliminary vocabulary work for the next lectura and the first song La Historia de Juan
• A reading for Los Niños de la Calle, followed by comprehension questions and a picture match for reasons for the existence of Street Children
• A cloze activity for the song La Historia de Juan
• A series of pictures to retell the song La Historia de Juan
• A brief “meaning link” for brief sections of the lyrics of the song
• Lyric strips for partners for the song A Dios le Pido
• Intro questions for A Dios le Pido
• Second day work for A Dios le Pido
• A Dios le pido lyric matching and working with the themes of the song
• Colombia A-Z, where students attempt to write a word from the study of Colombia, Juanes or the songs for each letter.
• The game, Cucharas, also known as Spoons or Markers