Based on the French 7 Familles game, this version consisting of 42 cards reviews vocabulary for family members and encourages students to speak in Spanish. The deck contains 7 family groups of 6 cards each with different places in each group. My students really loved the competitive side of this game!
The zip file includes:
-Black and white game cards
-A black and white card back design
-A rule sheet
-A smaller rule/reference sheet with helpful game playing vocabulary
-A full page family member vocabulary sheet
Goal: To collect as many family groups as possible!
1. Distribute 5 cards to each player. The rest of the pile is the draw pile.
2. The first player starts by asking another player if they have a person that they are looking for. The player can only ask for cards that are part of families that they already have in their hand.
3. If the player has the card, they must give it to Player 1. If the player does not have the card, they will say “Draw!” and the first player draws a card. If there are no more cards in the draw pile, the game continues without drawing cards.
4. When a player gets all six cards for a family, they announce it to the group and lay it down for everyone to see.
5. The player with the most family groups at the end of the game wins.
- To speed up the game, deal out all of the cards at the beginning.
- Students may ask for ANY card from a family or ALL the cards from a family that they have.
los padres divorciados
la hermana menor
la hermana mayor
el hermano mayor
el medio hermano
la media hermana
If you like this game idea, check out my other 7 famillias game for City Vocabulary!
Keywords: family members, miembros de la familia, Spanish, immersion, juego, jeugo de cartas, español, espanol