This bundle includes 10 major projects and activities for use in a unit on Shakespeare’s play, Julius Caesar. It includes pre-reading, during reading, and after reading, summative assignments. Each activity comes with a description and suggestions for use.
Activities align with the Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS) for reading literature and writing, including citing textual evidence, analyzing characters and theme, writing arguments to support claims, and writing explanatory texts.
1. Pre-Reading Activity: Types of Dramatic Speech Venn Diagram
*Good to use in conjunction with my Types of Dramatic Speech PowerPoint that presents related information in a more interactive way and is available in my products.
2. Pre-Reading History Activity: Caesar and Pompey Comic Strip
*Good to use in conjunction with my Roman Culture & History PowerPoint that presents related information in a more interactive way and is available in my products.
3. Act I. Scene i. Close-Reading Questions
4. Act I. Scene ii. Soothsayer Homework
5. Act I. Scene iii. Casca’s Storm Sightings
6. Act III. Scene ii. Antony’s Funeral Oration Close-Reading Questions
7. Act III. Scene ii. Comparing Brutus’s and Antony’s Funeral Speeches
8. Post-Reading: The Summative Assessment
9. Post-Reading: Controlling Idea Writing Assignment
10. Post-Reading: Critical Lens Essay