Introducing Shakespeare's Julius Caesar this resource is a great background resource to introduce your students to Julius Caesar, providing historical context on both the playwright and the historical figure of Caesar.
This resource includes:
1) two reading passages about the playwright and the play. The passages provide a brief summary of Shakespeare's life, the times he lived in, as well as the history of the play itself. The passages total about 1000 words in length;
2) a list of ten vocabulary words found in the passages (5 from each) for students to define;
3) seven questions on the two passages that encourage critical thinking and measure understanding;
4) a “Vocabulary Quiz” includes 8 statements about Shakespeare and Julius Caesar that reiterate the information students have read in the passages; for each one students choose the correct word from the multiple choice of four. The word appears in the passage and is a synonym for the underlined word in the statement.
5) answer keys for 2, 3, and 4 above.
Please visit my store and have a look at my other resources about Shakespeare and his plays:
An Introduction to Macbeth
An Introduction to Romeo and Juliet
An Introduction to Hamlet
5 Days with William Shakespeare
Was William Shakespeare Really Shakespeare?
Romeo and Juliet Movie Critique Activity
Shakespeare Poster Templates Set of 22
The poster template set, 5 Days with William Shakespeare resource, and Was Shakespeare Really Shakespeare? are combined in one bundle for a discounted price:
Looking for something for younger students? This is a good informational text and worksheet packet: