Looking for a fresh approach to pull your students into The Tragedy of Julius Caesar? William Shakespeare’s timeless tale of political intrigue will thrill your students when you use this MASSIVE bundle of interactive, multimedia lessons. This package includes FIVE WEEKS OF COMPLETE LESSON MATERIALS designed to challenge and entertain students in grades nine through twelve.
This HUGE bundle includes:
• A day-by-day calendar to follow with helpful details and nightly homework assignments (read this file first when you open the zipped bundle)
• Opening Prezi lecture that includes a quickwrite topic, historical background, main character profiles, and modern connections to pull your students into the play
• Julius Caesar scene-by-scene short answer question set
• Life in Elizabethan England team speech assignment, with list of 18 topics and grading rubric
• Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre Prezi lecture with optional/extra-credit hands-on Globe construction “craftivity”
• Power of Tone presentation with fun, interactive elements that will allow for 27 different students to have an opportunity to briefly entertain the class as they learn about language
• Close reading handouts and detailed answer keys for speeches in Act 1 Scene 2, Act 2 Scene1, and both Brutus’ and Antony’s speeches in Act 3 Scene 2.
• What’s in a Name? compare/contrast activity to use after Act 1 Scene 2
• Make It Rain scene-setting activity
• Shakespearean Slam Contest where students insult and/or compliment each other using the Bard’s own words – this one’s noisy and fun!
• Character Cell Phone activity
• Julius Caesar Act 2 Character Map featuring a graphic organizer to help students chart the complicated relationships/histories of 15 different characters
• Police Report form to complete after Caesar’s assassination in Act 3 Scene 1
• American Brutus activity where students will use a high-quality non-fiction article/activity to link the assassinations of Julius Caesar and Abraham Lincoln
• Full-day lesson showing how Apple founder and CEO Steve Jobs used the same rhetorical tools as Marc Antony
• Flyswatter Review Game
• 50-question Julius Caesar unit exam (matching, true/false, quote identification)
• End-of-unit persuasive essay prompts
All materials come with answer keys.This bundle includes a total of 60 pages (PDF) of rich content, plus 52 Prezi slides and 21 PowerPoint slides. Please note that, due to the large file size, the Prezi materials come with links for online viewing/use and you will need internet in your classroom to access. You do not need special software to run a Prezi.
Note: Some of these items (the opening lecture, scene-by-scene study guide handouts, Globe Theatre materials, Close Readings, Slam Contest, Character Cell Phone, Police Report, Act 2 Character Map, and American Brutus activities) are sold separately at my store. No need to purchase these items separately if you grab this budget-priced bundle. The remaining items are not sold separately and can be purchased only as part of this bundle. Also, there is a little overlap in products featured here and in my Romeo & Juliet bundle. Feel free to contact me at email@example.com to help you decide the most budget-minded way to purchase materials from multiple unit plans.
Interested in more information about individual products? Click HERE to view my full catalog of Julius Caesar products.
Thanks for stopping by!
Cover image credit: Pexels, Public domain