This packet was created as a resource to the Scott Foresman Reading Street® Unit 1 story, Julius. Please be sure to check out the preview of this product not every page is shown but you will get a good idea of what is included! Below is a more detailed description of what it includes. If you have any questions please ask. ☺ Enjoy!
1. Cover ~ Title Page
2. I have included a Cover Page for your focus board
3. Directions Page – What it includes
4. 5 Concept questions of the unit, week, day (Great for a focus board!)
5. Amazing words poster
6. 6 individual amazing word posters with clip art and description
7. 6 – ½ sheet amazing words & clip art to use for write the room
8. Printable – Worksheet to go along with the amazing words
9. Blending Sounds Poster – word cards to go with Day 1 & Day 3 blending activity. I place either a magnet or a Velcro button on the blending sounds poster and then on the backs of each card. I place the cards on the poster and we blend the words together.
10. To, a sight word cards – Add to word ring or for send home practice.
Center directions and Extend your day directions are included in your Reading Street Manuals:
11. Center – Journal Pages Day 1-5
12. Center – Similar to find the Mm activity but altered to better suit my Kindergarteners…M squiggle pages both capital and lowercase. Use the letter M and m to make a picture around the letter. So maybe they would make the M into mountains or the m into a muffin. On the capital M page there is a space for labeling the picture, on the lowercase m there is not. (Differentiation)
13. Let’s Count and Match – One-to-one correspondence chart and number cards.
14. Character – comprehension skill of the week
15. Nouns – poster for naming people (Day 1) and animals (Day 2)
16. Letter M printable – Find the M’s, handwriting practice
17. Letter M printable – use a magazine to find the letter M or things beginning with M and glue them onto the large M on the paper
18. Mm Poster – includes clipart and words that begin with Mm.
19. Mm printable – color the M pictures, fill in M is for _______ and draw a picture to match, handwriting practice.
20. Sorting Cards – I have included cards that start with M, end with M, or have no M at all. I cut out the “title” cards and glue them onto a paper sack. Then as a class we will sort the cards together…those that start with M vs. ending with M, or those with M vs. those without M. There are 6 cards that end in m – gum, drum, thumb, jam, clam, swim, 13 that begin with m – mom (begin and end), mop, mad, man, mat, map, mustache, mud, muffin, mittens, moose, mouse, mix and 12 cards that do not begin or end with M – balloons, fly, spider, apple, bear, glasses, umbrella, bus, peanut, cat, duck, pancakes. There are also the title cards – M_____, _______m, m sound, no m sound.
21. 5 daily fix it posters – there is room to correct the sentence. (Laminate for reuse and use with a dry erase marker.
22. Rainbow writing – to, a
23. Printable – coloring with sight words to, a, am, I – pig with a book
24. Fill in the sentence printable – to, a
25. Flip & Find Printable
26. 3 pages of sight word cards to match the Flip & Find
(Flip & Find – place the cards in a pocket chart or on a table, have the children take turns picking a card and reading the word or naming the character from the story, trace the word on their printable worksheet or color the character. Activity is finished when all cards are flipped over. My kindergarteners LOVE this and it has really helped with sight word recognition!)
27. Large Sight Word Cards –to, a– Use on your focus board for introduction to new words.
28. Credits Page
There are a total of 64pages included in this packet!
If you find this a helpful resource in your teaching of Scott Foresman Kindergarten Reading Street, please consider following my store! I will be adding resources packets to go along with the other stories! PLEASE, leave feedback!! ☺