July Writing Journal Prompts
*** Canadian and American spelling included ***
Please note: This writing packet is included in my Writing Journal Prompts BUNDLE.
Do not purchase this resource if you already own the bundle!
About this book:
This book contains a collection of journal prompts for the month of July. The simple prompts are ideal for beginning and struggling writers in Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grade 2.
Cover page (page 5)
Color and label (pages 6-8)
- man going on vacation
- boy fishing
List writing (pages 9-11)
- Best places to visit in the summer
- Carnival rides
- Things to pack when you co camping
How to / procedural writing (pages 12-17)
- How to Catch a Fish (with and without pictures)
- How to go Backyard Camping (with and without pictures)
- How To Make S’mores (with and without pictures)
Writing prompts with pictures (pages 18-27)
- My favorite thing to do on the 4th of July is
- On summer vacation I would like to go
- The best way to travel during summer vacation is
- At the fair, I like to eat
- Some rides at the carnival
- In my picnic basket
- At the camping ground
- When we go hiking
- When we go fishing
- The thing I miss most about school
Opinion writing with pictured choices (pages 28-30)
- I would rather sleep (in a tent or at a hotel) because...
- I would rather eat a (burger or hot dog) because...
- When I go camping, I would rather (go hiking or go fishing) because...
Opinion writing II (pages 30-33)
- The best thing about our country is... because
- My favorite carnival ride is... because
- My favorite thing to cook on a campfire is... because
Narrative writing (pages 32-37)
- Describing carnivals (sentence writing)
- Write a sentence to match the picture (boy setting up tent)
- Write a story to match the picture (family on a picnic)
- Write a story to match the picture (children at the camping ground at night)
Narrative writing II (pages 38-42)
- When the fireworks started going off
- We were on the roller coaster when all of a sudden
- The watermelon in our garden grew so big that
- If I lived in a tent
- If I found a magic picnic blanket
Acrostic poem (page 43)
Simile poem (page 44)
Letter writing to your teddy bear inviting him on a picnic (page 45)
Additional page with handwriting lines (pages 46)
Happy Teaching :)
Please click here to view
all my Writing Journal Prompts.
Follow me on Facebook for exclusive freebies and giveaways!Follow me on PinterestVisit my blog