*** This product has been updated to reflect Juneteenth's new status as a federal holiday! ***
Students are introduced to an important celebration through a 12 card scavenger hunt story. This activity provides students with an opportunity to read for information
Table of Contents
• cover card for organizing and storing scavenger hunt
• 12 scavenger hunt cards in color
• 12 scavenger hunt cards in b/w
• student answer sheet
• crossword puzzle in 2 formats for differentiation (Students will need to know the story to complete the crossword puzzle.)
• answer keys
• list of Juneteenth resources
How to Use this Product
1. Print the Juneteenth Scavenger Hunt cards on card stock then cut them apart.
2. Make copies of the Juneteenth Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet. Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Juneteenth Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
More about this Activity
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading groups or social studies. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
You May Also Like,/strong>
Save about 25% with the bundle
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥