Also included in
- This bundle includes:Martin Luther KingRosa ParksHarriet TubmanGeorge Washington CarverJuneteenth: A Freedom CelebrationThe Underground RailroadTips for CustomersFollow my store for product updates and sales.Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.Contact me through Product Q&APrice $12.00Original Price $21.85Save $9.85
- Students learn about the new federal holiday, Juneteenth. The scavenger hunt provides students with information during an in-class activity. They will take home the answer sheet only. The mini booklet allows students to take home and share the information!Tips for CustomersFollow my store for producPrice $3.20Original Price $6.00Save $2.80
These Task Cards introduce students to information and fun facts about Juneteenth.
Table of Contents
- cover card for organizing and storing scavenger hunt
- 20 task cards in color
- 20 task cards in b/w
- student answer sheet
- crossword puzzle in 2 formats for differentiation
- answer keys
- list of Juneteenth resources
How to Use this Product
1. Print the Juneteenth Task Cards on card stock or brightly colored paper and cut them apart along the dotted lines.
2. Make copies of the Juneteenth student pages. Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Juneteenth Task Cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students will search the room and find all the information cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
With these Task Cards, I have students complete this activity as part of a rotation during reading groups. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the information cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
These cards could also be used as a Scoot activity.
You May Also Like
Save about 25% with the bundle
Tips for Customers
- Follow my store for product updates and sales.
- Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
- Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥