REVISED! Fun animal riddles....
Children will be able to match names to pictures, pictures to pictures, pictures to riddles, or pictures to traced words. The tracing cards can be laminated, then allow kids to trace with a dry erase marker or a wipe-able marker. That way they can trace over and over.
Some may need guidance reading the riddles. They may have the riddles read to them...which is a great listening skill, too!
Practical and fun for centers or small group:
This is a versatile set of animal cards and informational/nonfiction text. This resource allows for differentiation since there are a few different formats.
Photographs of ANIMALS, word cards and riddles help introduce informational text!
•12 photographs of real jungle animals, plus 12 each of animal name cards, 12 cards to trace names, and 12 matching short riddles, so your kids will enjoy matching up pictures, animal names and riddles.
•Mix and match in various ways. You and your class can be creative and think of more ways to use this resource.
•Encourages reading and writing with brief animal facts, and tracing of 12 animal words
•Fun for learning centers and individual or small group work
•Create a bulletin board with these. You can enlarge each page for your animal bulletin board, too!
•Black and white photos are included to facilitate economical printing
Pictures come out great in black and white as well as in color.
I've included ideas in the file.
The following are some of the ways to read, play and learn:
1. Match pictures to pictures (color to color or color to black and white).
2. Match pictures to words.
3. Match pictures to riddles.
4. Match words to riddles.
5. Match pictures or riddles to written/traced words.
6. Make a book! Turn pictures, words and riddles into a mini book. They can be glued on an accordion book.
7. Make a mobile! Cut each card out (pictures, words and riddles) to make a mobile.
8. Make a memory game with the pictures, and or words.
9. Think of uses to address other skills, such as spelling, alphabetizing, making little flip books, adding to a jungle-themed bulletin board, etc.
10. Make a scavenger hunt!
Thank you for stopping by!!