Go on a jungle safari with your students and learn about wild animals and sounds they make!
*Lesson Objective: Children will learn about animals in the wild and the unique sounds they make.
*Early Learning Standard Strands: Science: Science Inquiry Process; Life Science: Understand the relationships among various organisms and their environment
*Academic Vocabulary: jungle, safari, animals, monkeys, lions, roar, hippos, stomp, elephants, giraffes, chomp, snakes
*Sight Words (Dolch/Brigance): look, at, the, for, in, can, you
*Teaching Strategies: Academic Vocabulary, Call & Response, Characterization
*Movement Strategies: Gross Motor, Pretend Movement
To see a sample of the this song and the movements go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tuSBqaAoleU
The download includes:
1. Introduction with Lesson Elements
2. MP3 of Jungle Safari
3. Lesson Script to help you introduce the song and movements to your classroom complete with recommended booklists and activities to reinforce the learning concept.
4. Lyrics and Movement page
5. Wild Animal Visual Aids for displaying on screen or printing
6. Jungle Animal Visual Aids for displaying on screen or printing
7. Bridging Activity: Color and Black Line Masters for animal masks and necklaces
8. Activity Sheet for reinforcement
9. Parent Guide in English
10. Parent Guide in Spanish
*Additional Materials Needed:
-Elastic or ribbon for mask ties OR yarn for necklaces (1 per child)
-Reinforcement hole labels (2 max per child)
by Music, Movement & Magination
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License