Look, we know you're busy: planning lessons, grading papers, filing paperwork, and all the other myriad tasks we teachers have to tackle (all while trying to squeeze in a personal life.) Let us carry some of the weight with a thorough, engaging, fun and Common Core aligned Guided Reading packet. It was created for use with Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus by Barbara Park.
Here's what we provide for each chapter:
* An "I Can
" statement that gives an overall learning objective that clearly states what each child should be able to do upon completion of the chapter.
* Pre-selected vocabulary words, definitions, example sentences, and a place for your students to practice using these words.
* A mini-lesson that introduces a specific reading skill.
* A reading skill practice example with either examples from the story, or original passages designed specifically for this story.
Reading Skills Included:
- Main Idea and Supporting Details
- Sequential Order
- Cause and Effect
- Author's Purpose
* Activities that the students complete to practice the reading skill.
* A literacy skill practice assignment that students can complete individually, in pairs or small groups, or with the teacher.
* A writing challenge section that invites students to participate with the characters and plot by drawing parallels to their own experiences. (Think: text-to-self, text-to-text, or text-to-world.)
* A 10-question multiple-choice assessment that prepares students for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests.
* 16 super-cute original clip art illustrations; 3 of which your students can color!
* Answer Keys.
* Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus book set.
* Your own special Teacher Swag!
* Junie B. Jones has QUITE a bit of personality, am I right?. If you're looking for another character with as much pep, check out our packet for Amber Brown Goes Fourth
. Seriously, she's a riot.
* Print in color to enhance the super-cuteness of the clip art illustrations
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome
"How can I...?"
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest 411
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.