Junie B. must face her first day at kindergarten. Can she do it and avoid the chocolate milk meanies on the school bus? Find out in Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus with your young learners to find out!
This English novel study is designed specifically for use in the ESL/EFL classroom with Korean speaking young learners in mind. Meticulously crafted and easy to use for both teachers and students, this comprehensive booklet will absolutely enhance your teaching experience. It's classroom tested, and it works.
Each of the 10 chapter units include:
- comprehension questions
about the story with space for students to answer in full sentences;
- a creative writing assignment
where students can express their opinions about topics related to the text;
- a vocabulary list with Korean translations
of key words to save on dictionary time and reduce confusion about meaning;
- a word search puzzle
for students to enjoy some quiet time to familiarize themselves with the vocabulary;
- a sequencing worksheet
where students can identify the different components of the story; and
- a chapter quiz
so you can assess your students' comprehension of the text and vocabulary.
There are also:
- a comic strip worksheet;
- a vocabulary list;
- a summarizer worksheet;
- an illustrator worksheet;
- a make your own word search puzzle worksheet;
- a whole book crossword puzzle
- a make your own crossword puzzle worksheet;
- a making predictions worksheet;
- a final test with answer key;
- a book cover project; and
- a book report assignment.
The best thing is that this novel study unit is still growing! Once purchased, all updates are FREE!
**************Available in Spanish and Japanese**************
Try another great novel study from The ESL Review:
- Nate the Great by Marjorie Sharmat
(And others in the series)
- The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling
- Dinosaurs Before Dark by Mary Pope Osborne
- Thanksgiving on Thursday by Mary Pope Osborne
- Freckle Juice by Judy Blume
- Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume
- Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus by Barbara Park
- Cam Jansen – The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds by David A. Adler