These low-prep, easy to follow Math lessons have everything you need to start teaching the Grade 4, Grade 5, or Grade 6 Ontario expectations for multiplication using 3 Part Math lessons.
Help your students to develop a deep conceptual understanding of multiplication by using hands-on problem solving, questioning, and purposeful talk throughout these lessons.
Follow our lessons from beginning to end and top to bottom! Included are:
- Carefully selected quick minds-on activities to activate student thinking before each problem-solving activity
- A word problem or task to illicit student solutions you can use for debriefing the lesson afterward
- Sample solutions for your reference so you can quickly identify the student solutions you will use
- Clearly explained teacher notes that will help you link student solutions and mathematical concepts, all leading your students to a deeper conceptual understanding, and ultimately an efficient and accurate use of algorithms
- Student friendly learning goals and success criteria
- Easy to print copies of the problem (one for each group)
- An independent practice problem for each lesson to give students extra practice and can be used as a quick assessment for your records
These lessons are part of our complete Grade 4 unit, Grade 5 unit,
and Grade 6 unit
on multiplication and division, available in our store!
***A fully editable Word version of all problems is included!***