This pack is a set of learning activities that can be used as a sequenced series of lessons or as individual tasks to teach students about this yearly event. Most importantly, it has been created to educate students about the significance of Veterans Day as a day to honor those who have served or are serving in the military.
Resource Activity List:
- Coloured lapel poppies
- B&W lapel poppies
- Veterans Day coloring page
- Veterans Day: I think, I know, I wonder
- Veterans Day retrieval chart
- Gratitude poppy
- Veterans Day ceremony/parade recount BLM
- Messages of Thanks BLM
- My Hero – writing task
- All about the.. Army, Navy, Air force interactive notebook + teacher guide
- #Veterans Day – social media activity
- Peace: looks like, feels like, sounds like… interactive notebook + teacher guide
- My Peace Pledge BLM
- Big word, Little Word
- Mental Math: The Number 11
- Math Memory pair game
- Maths Memory Recording Sheet
- Blank Veterans Day themed writing paper (2 sized lines)
We have also included a BONUS Veterans Day themed Exit Ticket and BRAG Tags. Never used Exit Tickets or Brag Tags? See the final page for details!
No further teacher prep needed, simply print and use!
We hope you and your students enjoy this resource.