Here is a great 183 page mini unit all about herbivores, carnivores, omnivores, food chains, animal adaptations, and fossils! The theme is Jurassic Park, with the activities focusing on a dinosaur theme. It lends itself well to a classroom transformation or science mini unit.
Various differentiations are included, built into each activity. Scaffolding is provided for each activity, as well.
- Close Reading and Questions on Herbivores, Omnivores, and Carnivores (animal diets)
- Herbivore, Carnivore, and Omnivore Sorting Activity
- Close Reading and Questions on Food Chains (producers and consumers)
- Creating Food Chains using pictures and photographs
- Close Reading and Questions on Animal Adaptations
- Animal Adaptations Activity
- Close Reading and Questions on Fossils
- Fossils Craft
- Dinosaur Fun Facts
- Examples of dinosaur websites, books, and movies to tie in with the theme
- Vocabulary Book for students (multiple versions, some with sentence starters)
- Directions for dinosaur excavation activities
- Ideas on how to make this an engaging and memorable day or mini unit in your classroom!