This is a lit log by MrsDsEducationalTools for Just Like Jackie by Lindsey Stoddard.
This is an awesome realistic fiction about the true meaning of family and acceptance (no matter what it looks like). Difficult topics include: Alzheimer’s, group guidance, bullying, racism, self-reliance,
The key focus skills of the lit log are:
- use text to explain/draw inferences
- describe/compare/contrast characters, setting, events
- describe point of view
Other skills in the lit log are:
- determine theme/summarize
- use text to determine meaning of words/phrases
- use context for word recognition and understanding
This lit log can be used for direct reading instruction (guided reading, novel study, literature circle, close reading) or for a guide for a read aloud
The reading level of the book is 5th grade and the interest level is 4th to 7th grade. This book is also an excellent read for school counselors.
I hope this lit log is helpful for you and your students.