Just So Stories Differentiated Reading Passages reach every child in your classroom! This product includes three differentiated adaptations of these Just So Stories
by Rudyard Kipling, as well as his original stories and poems.
• “How the Camel Got His Hump”
• “How the Jaguar Got His Spots”
• “The Beginning of the Armadillo”
• “The Elephant’s Child”
Your students will love these lively pourquoi stories. Best of all, multiple levels let you challenge advanced readers and still reach less able learners - - - while teaching the same story. They're perfect for for RtI, tutoring, or daily instruction.
• Adaptation A is suitable for high readers in grades four and five or average readers in grade six.
• Adaptation B can be used for average readers in grades four and five or low readers in grade six.
• Adaptation C was adapted for your lowest readers.
• Though written for children, the original versions are challenging for most middle-grade readers. I’ve included them for your highest readers - - - or to explore after reading the adaptations.
• Each story includes a poem. These are included in the original stories, as well as separate files.
Teach traditionally or digitally! In addition to hard copies of each story, you’ll also receive the link to a specially developed website with links to online versions of each story. Yep, you can go paperless!
Do you need some ideas for instruction? Try these:
• Just So Stories - Writing
• Just So Stories - Reading Bundle Grade 4
• Just So Stories - Reading Bundle Grade 5
Visit my blog, Enjoy Teaching
, for weekly ideas and freebies.
Just So Stories
was published in 1912 and is now in the public domain.