1. Your K-1 students will love “Math Fun at the Pond” Playlet. Just connect to your document camera or white board and go. No prep! It will reinforce math concepts in a collaborative setting, while engaging learners in recognizing sight words, in beginning reading skills, and in communicating ideas.
************ “Math Fun at the Pond” is a short play that provides
an interactive story situation allowing students to solve math
problems using pictures, numbers and words. ********
2. This short play will provide a guided reading performance task in an interactive story setting. Non-readers will repeat their lines, using the concept of rehearse and recall. Readers will read their lines—with the focus of staying on math! The teacher, as narrator, will interact with all learners as the audience is asked to think about and apply math at their seats as the playlet progresses.
3. Reinforce learning by engaging all learners in thinking about math in a realistic setting. Connect math with reading and language arts through simple drama, listening and speaking. Put it on an iPad for one-on-one or small-group instruction.
4. At the end of the playlet students will be able to complete a lesson activity which provides evidence of learning. The printouts are perfect for their interactive notebooks or journals.
5. There is also a storybook printable that reinforces learning from the playlet. Students can read it at school and take it home for interactive homework. The storybook can be shared from an iPad, computer, and/or document camera.
Included in this Product:
Playlet, “Math Fun at the Pond”
Essential Questions Page with Standards
Follow-Along Printable Seatwork
Additional Review Printable Seatwork
Depth of Knowledge Poster
Please take a look our category of K-1 Math Playlets: “Go Fly a Math Kite”, “We Love Candy Corn”, “We Love Reward Tickets” and “Math Fun at the Farm”.