This educational resource pack includes:
• K-2 Text Exemplar: A poem called “As I Was Going to St. Ives.”
• Modified and accommodated for students with Mental Health or Medical Conditions: with tactile, visual, verbal and auditory prompts.
• Based on Depth of Knowledge – Four Levels regarding: reciting, identifying, comparing, then analyze and discuss.
• Fill in the Blanks Tests with Answers Key;
• Common Core: RL.K.1; RL.1.1 Re: “As I Was Going to St. Ives” by Anonymous
• As I Was Going to St. Ives Guided Writing Practice (Key Words model)
including: point, trace, cut and paste, or touch correct answers.
• Teacher can use completed worksheets or video of student reactions as proof of completion.
• Red print relates to notes for the teacher, parent or self-instruction.
• Certificate of Achievement is available for students that finish the resource pack satisfactorily.
Students with Mental Health Conditions require sequential memory tasks, such as spelling, math, with step-by-step instructions. They may be more easily understood by dividing tasks into smaller ones. Students with Medical Conditions also require enlarged printed materials.
Here are links to their teaching strategies: