“Compare and Contrast Fiction vs. Nonfictional Characters”
Total 15 Pages
This educational resource pack includes tactile, visual and auditory prompts.
● K - 2 Grade Informational Text: Fictional Characters vs. Nonfictional characters.
● Modified for students with Students with Hearing Impairments. Students with hearing impairments may use speech, lip reading, hearing aids and/or amplification systems to enhance oral communication. Headphones with blue tooth compatibility can also improve their mobility. However, it helps to use visual aids whenever possible, including captioned versions of videos and films. Also, provide unfamiliar vocabulary in written form, on the blackboard, or in a handout.
Here are hearing impaired teaching strategies: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/HI-Hearing-Impairments-or-Deafness-Teaching-Strategies-142578
● Based on Depth of Knowledge – Four Levels: recite, identify, compare, then analyze and discuss.
● Fill- in- the- Blanks Tests with Answer Recordings
● ESSA -Well -Rounded concept: Reading, Writing and Informational Text
● Fictional vs. Nonfictional Guided Writing Practice (Key Words model) including point to, circle the correct answer, trace, cut and paste, write or touch correct answers.
● TA teachers can use completed worksheets or video of student reactions as proof of completion.
● Red print relates is for the teacher, parent or self-instruction.
● Certificate of Achievement is available for students that finish the resource pack satisfactorily.
A media player is required for recordings.
COVER AND INTRODUCTORY PAGE: Two first pages.
PAGE 1: Definitions of Fictional and Non-fictional
PAGE 2: Chart comparing Superman with Gandhi
PAGE 3&4: Chart comparing President Obama and Peter Pan.
PAGE 5: Chart comparing Santa Claus and MLK Jr.
PAGE 6: Comparing featured characters and identifying them as fictional or nonfictional.
PAGE 7-9: Filling in Venn Diagrams that sort character traits.
PAGE 10: Designing a chart with cut-outs.
PAGE 11: Reading practice with a teacher.
PAGE 12: Tracing key sentences writing practice.
CERTIFICATE: Last page designed as a proof of packet completion.