PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This educational resource pack includes:
• K-2 Text Exemplar: A poem called “As I Was Going to St. Ives.”
• Modified and accommodated for students Hard of Hearing with: tactile, visual, verbal and auditory prompts applied.
Students who are hard of hearing may use speech, lip reading, hearing aids and/or amplification systems to enhance oral communication.
Headphones with blue tooth compatibility can also improve their mobility.
However, it helps to use visual aids whenever possible, including captioned versions of videos and films.
Also, provide unfamiliar vocabulary in written form, on the blackboard, or in a handout.
Here are hard of hearing teaching strategies: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Teaching-Strategies-for-Deaf-or-Students-Hard-of-Hearing-142578
Go to your device “Settings” where you can adjust the screen’s:
brightness and color, size of text, resolution, connect to wireless display and adjust sound.
A media player for wav or m4a files is required to listen to audio links.
To save ink and paper, an application like Google Classroom could be utilized.
This educational resource pack requires: scissors, glue and a pencil.
• Based on Depth of Knowledge – Four Levels regarding: reciting, identifying, comparing, then analyze and discuss.
• Fill in the Blanks Tests with Answers Key;
• Common Core: R L.K.1; R L.1.1 Re: “As I Was Going to St. Ives” by Anonymous
• As I Was Going to St. Ives Guided Writing Practice (Key Words model)
including: point, trace, cut and paste, or touch correct answers.
• Teacher can use completed worksheets or video of student reactions as proof of completion.
• Red print relates to notes for the teacher, parent or self-instruction.
• Certificate of Achievement is available for students that finish the resource pack satisfactorily.