Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This HUGE bundle includes every reading response activity booklet and lesson plan unit in my store for kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades. Save 10% when you buy this bundle instead of buying each item separately, and you get FREE updates for life!
Each unit contains a printable reading response booklet and a lesson plan for library classes on a fixed schedule or classroom reading sessions. All items in the product are editable.
♦ Each unit of printable response activities are folded into booklets when printed double-sided are.
♦ EDITABLE lesson plan in Microsoft Word .docx file format
After reading one of the books aloud to the class, students check out new books from the library, and then complete the response activity in the booklet.
There are also 2 versions of each printable booklet: One for librarians or media specialists to use during library classes, and one for classroom teachers to use as a literacy center or as a whole group read-aloud lesson.
For a more detailed description of the included products, please click the links above and/or download the previews of the individual products.
List of K-2 Reading Response Units included:
♦ All About Libraries Orientation and Book Care Unit (K-2)
♦ Kindergarten or 1st Grade Pets Fiction/Nonfiction Books and Research Unit
♦ Kindergarten (or Pre-K) Mo Willems Author Study Unit
♦ Kindergarten or 1st Grade Folktales Genre Study Unit
♦ 1st or 2nd Grade Graphic Novels Study Unit
♦ 1st or 2nd Grade Nonfiction Genre Study Unit
♦ Pennsylvania Young Readers’ Choice Books Voting Unit (K-2)
The books read aloud in each unit are:
All About Libraries Orientation and Book Care Unit (K-2)
• "But Excuse Me That is My Book" by Lauren Child
• "What Happened to Marion’s Book?" by Brook Berg
• "Library Lion" by Michelle Knudsen
• "Bats at the Library" by Brian Lies
• "Penelope Popper, Book Doctor" by Toni Buzzeo
• "Miss Moore Thought Otherwise" by Jan Pinborough
• "Stella Louella’s Runaway Book" by Lisa Campbell Ernst
Pets Theme and Research Unit (K-1)
• "The Stray Dog" by Marc Simont
• "Skippyjon Jones" by Judy Schachner
• "Oh, the Pets You Can Get!" by Tish Rabe
• "Clifford, the Big Red Dog" by Norman Bridwell (if time)
• Your choice of available nonfiction pet books or ebooks for research
Mo Willems Author Study Unit (K-1), all by Mo Willems
• "Knuffle Bunny"
• "Knuffle Bunny Too"
• "Knuffle Bunny Free"
• "Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!"
• "Don’t Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late!"
• "The Pigeon Wants a Hot Dog!"
• "The Pigeon Wants a Puppy!"
• "There is a Bird on Your Head!" (Elephant and Piggie series)
• "Elephants Cannot Dance!" (Elephant and Piggie series)
• "Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed"
Folktales and Fables Genre Study Unit (K-1)
• "Rabbit’s Gift: A Fable from China" by George Shannon
• "The Lion and the Mouse" illustrated by Jerry Pinkney
• "Martina the Beautiful Cockroach" by Carmen Agra Deedy
• "Tops and Bottoms" adapted by Janet Stevens
• "The Great Fuzz Frenzy" by Janet Stevens and Susan Stevens Crummel
• "And the Dish Ran Away with the Spoon" by Janet Stevens and Susan Stevens Crummel (optional)
Graphic Novels Genre/Format Unit (Grades 1-2)
• "Zig and Wikki in Something Ate My Homework" by Nadja Spiegelman & Trade Loeffler
• "Hamster and Cheese" by Colleen AF Venable and Stephanie Yue
• "Babymouse: Queen of the World" by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm
• "Binky the Space Cat" by Ashley Spires
• "Nursery Rhyme Comics" edited by Chris Duffy
Nonfiction Genre Study Unit (Grades 1-2)
• "Actual Size" by Steve Jenkins
• "Time to Eat" by Steve Jenkins and Robin Paige
• "Zarafa: The Giraffe that Walked to the King" by Judith St. George
• "Worst of Friends" by Suzanne Tripp Jurmain
• "Touch the Sky" by Ann Malaspina
• "Mermaid Queen" by Shana Corey
• "The Cat’s Pajamas" by Wallace Edwards (optional)
PA Young Readers’ Choice Voting Unit
Books vary and are updated each year.
Follow me on TpT to get email updates about my store, new products, and sales!
You might also like other library and technology products by Mrs. J in the Library: