Need a convenient (and affordable) way to track student writing progress throughout the year with minimal prep? These monthly writing prompts and templates are the answer! Simply print and copy for your class and choose to save them to make a keepsake writing portfolio for the end of the year.
- August-July prompts and blank templates
- August & September include templates for first week of school reflections
- Kinder templates feature a larger space for illustrations and guided writing lines
- 1st-3rd has the option for a smaller illustration space for more writing
Each template features:
- Illustration space for developing writers
- Helpful monthly vocabulary words to enhance writing
- Guiding lines for proper handwriting and letter formation
- Grade appropriate editing checklist that aligns with writing objectives
- Space to easily stamp the date for record keeping
- Print and copy a set for your class (tip: use a date stamp before you copy!)
- Store using a crate and hanging files for each student
- Use during conferences or collect and bind for an end-of-the-year keepsake!
Tracking student writing progress doesn't have to be a chore! Save time and energy with these easy-to-use monthly writing prompts and templates.