“Identifying Bill Amounts”
This educational resource pack includes:
Informational Text: Enhanced with visual prompts for gifted students who require increased creativity and depth of learning.
1. Sort bills from other objects by cutting out images.
2. Sort $1.00, $5.00, $10.00, and $20.00 bills.
3. Get to know the people on American currency.
4. Identify bill amounts including $1.00, $5.00, $10.00, and $20.00.
5. Identify and count bills including $1.00, $5.00, $10.00, and $20.00.
6. Adding bills and solving word problems using money.
Red print relates is for the teacher, parent or self-instruction.
Certificate of Achievement is available for students that finish the resource pack satisfactorily.
Seven Activity Assignments:
- The students sorts through pictures and pastes them in a currency vs. non currency chart.
- The student cuts and pastes images of the people on bills next to their name and bill amount.
- The students sorts through bills pasting them in the box of the amount they represent.
- The student listens to the recordings in each box that describe the biography of each important American; a cut and paste activity with bills.
- The student matches the bill amount to the sentence describing the person on the bill.
- The student adds bills (combinations of ones, fives, tens, and one twenty dollar bill). A counting chart is provided if the math of adding double digits is too complicated.
- Word problems; the student acts out paying for school supplies in one problems, and acts out paying for movie tickets for another.