KAPOW! Is one of my favorite games for any goal. It provides TONS of practice and lot of fun!
Here’s how you prep the game:
Print out all word cards and KAPOW! cards.
Cut and laminate the cards.
Attach velcro to the sticks and cards.
There is a second copy of each word card. I keep that in a binder with another set of velcro so I can easily keep the word cards organized and from getting lost. Page 4 is a binder cover for you to use!
Here is how you play:
Attach target words and 5-10 KAPOW cards to the sticks.
Put the sticks in a container (I use an old 32oz yogurt container) with the cards face down.
Each student takes a turn picking one stick from the container.
If they choose a target word card, have them practice the word or make up a sentence for the word (any skill that will help them reach their goal) If they do it correctly, they keep the stick. If they do not, they put the stick back.
If the student chooses a KAPOW card, they put all their sticks back in the container.
The winner has the most sticks at the end of the session!
This KAPOW Growing Bundle currently includes:
1. Early Developing Sounds /p, b, d, m, n, f, w, t, k, g/
2. Later Developing Sounds /s, z, l, r, sh, ch, th/
3. Apraxia (CV, VC, CVC, and CVCV)
4. Verbs (present regular verbs, past regular verbs, present irregular verbs, and past irregular verbs)
5. Preschool Vocabulary (**Included in this binder is vocabulary for: Zoo animals, Farm Animals, Sea Animals, Clothing, Colors, Shapes, Action Words, School supplies)
6. Multiple Meaning Words
***MORE WILL BE ADDED TO THIS GROWING BUNDLE AS I CREATE MORE GAMES!***