Also included in
- 04/25/20: MAY has been added!05/03/20: JUNE has been added! Bundle is now officially complete!>>> PLEASE READ: This resource was created to be used in an Ontario Kindergarten classroom. Because of this, there is CANADIAN SPELLING throughout the resource and the holidays correspond with CANA$78.40$112.00Save $33.60
>>> This resource was created to be used in an Ontario Kindergarten classroom. Because of this, there is Canadian spelling throughout the resource and the holidays correspond with Canadian holidays. <<<
I created this resource because I wanted to compile my favourite read alouds and corresponding discussion questions/follow up activities that hit the reading comprehension expectations in the Ontario Kindergarten Program so that it would make planning for each week easier.
I have provided 20 days worth of read aloud lessons for most months. However, I usually only use half of these lessons, as the whole group time I use to teach these lessons I also use to teach writing and inquiry. I provided, what I hope is, more than you need for each month, so that you can pick and choose the lessons and books you like best! I also like to keep my carpet time short so sometimes I will do half the lesson on one day and the other half on the following day.
They do not have to be taught in order, however, I did try to create them so the skills get more complex through the weeks/months. There is also lots of spiraling so students get ample opportunity to practice the various reading comprehension skills.
I hope you enjoy these read aloud plans and that it saves you planning time!
Please ask any questions you have prior to purchasing!
The books that go with the lessons are:
Week 1: Narwhals & Unicorns
- Narwhal by Katie Marsico
- Not Quite Narwhal by Jessie Sima
Week 2: Dads/Uncles/Grandpas
- Why I Love My Daddy by Daniel Howarth
- Daddy's Little Scout by Janet Bingham
- What Uncles Do Best by Laura Numeroff
- When a Grandpa Says I Love You by Douglas Wood
Week 3: Sharks
- Sharks: And Other Dangers of the Deep by Roger Priddy
- Shark Lady by Jess Keating
Week 4: Summer
- Summer Wonder by Bob Raczka
- Summer Days and Nights by Wong Herbert Yee
- Last Day Hooray! by Nancy Poydar
- 20 read aloud lessons
- Charts with expectations from the Ontario Kindergarten Program listed with the lessons they correspond with
- Anchor chart samples
- Anchor chart cards
- Optional follow-up writing printables
- STEM ideas/corresponding printables
Only need one or two of the weeks?
You can also find them individually here:
Save 30% by buying the "year-long" bundle by clicking here.
Not sure if these lessons will work for you? You can try a week for free here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/KINDER-READ-ALOUDS-FREE-SAMPLE-4266697
Looking for more? Take a little time to EXPLORE!