The Kingdom Keepers Novel Unit consists of pre-, during-, and post-reading activities that will provide students with a fun, creative, and comprehensive learning experience. At a compact pace, this unit can be accomplished in a few weeks, whereas with a more leisurely pace, the unit can be finished in about 1 to 2 months. The activities in this unit are numbered in the recommended order, and, for each activity, includes the purpose, procedure, approximate time of application, materials, and Common Core standards. How the activities are to be graded is at the discretion of the teacher. Answers are included where needed in the unit.
The following is a list of activities included in this unit:
Teacher Guide (7 pages)
- K-W-L Chart (1 page)
- Walt Disney World Documentary Quiz (1 page)
- Answers to Documentary Quiz (1 page)
- Guidelines for Disney Research Report (1 page)
- Reference Page for Disney Research Poster (1 page)
- Disney Research Notes Organizer (2 pages)
- Literary Activities Vocabulary (5 pages)
---NOTE: Study a vocab. word from EVERY chapter.
- Archetypal Characters Worksheet (2 pages)
---NOTE: Archetypes Unit available for separate purchase in store
- Plot Worksheet (1 page)
- Setting Collage (1 page)
- Answers for Archetypal Characters (1 page)
- Answers for Plot (1 page)
- Novel Question Guide (6 pages)
---NOTE: Q's for EVERY chapter included, totaling 72 Q's.
- Answers for Question Guide (1 page)
- Narrative Writing Workshop: "My Own DHI Story" (1 page)
- Peer-Review Handout (1 page)
- Peer-Editing Handout (1 page)