Don't bug out when planning your unit plan on Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis! This bundle includes tons of materials to help your students get the most out of this challenging work.
Included in this bundle:
• Sample pacing guide with daily aims
• Paired poetry using Anne Sexton's "Cockroach"
• Kafka biography activity
• Close reading questions for all three parts
• Creative project with student samples
• Journal prompts for each part of the novella
• Critical theory project
• Writing prompts analyzing diction and syntax
• Symbolism chart
• Allegory connections
• And more!
While a sample pacing guide is included, this bundle is not a scripted unit plan. There are a wealth of activities for you to select from depending on the needs of your students.
The font used on most of the handouts is called Jump Start and can be downloaded online for free.
Check out these related resources:
Analyzing Syntax in Literature Task Cards -- 32 Cards with Answer Key
Diction Boot Camp: Analyzing Diction Task Cards
Figurative Language Task Cards for Grades 7-12