• Kahoot is a game-based classroom response system
• Create and play quizzes, discussions and surveys using any device with a web browser
• Motivate participation through game-based learning and rewards in a social setting
This lesson includes screen shots and instructions for…
1. Setting-up a Free account
2. Creating quizzes, discussions and surveys
3. Searching and using Public Kahoots
4. How to Play Kahoot with your class
Students love Kahoot!
I know this from the feedback I receive from other teachers and from my own experience with using Kahoot. Students ask me “Can we please play Kahoot?” For every game there is always lots of laughter and students are very engaged.
At the end of the 2014/15 school year, I gave students a day to complete missing assignments. There were several students who were finished all of their work. These students got together and set-up their own game of Kahoot. I did not suggest it, they just really wanted to play. This was more evidence for me that students love this interactive tool.
There are many uses for Kahoot including…
• Getting to know students at the beginning of a school year/semester
• Assessing student/class understanding of a topic
• Reviewing a unit before a test
• Surveying a class
• Having fun for a few minutes at the end of the day
You will receive this lesson in both PowerPoint (editable) and PDF versions
I have added a resource that contains links to 10 – just for fun Kahoots that my students have enjoyed playing. Use these games to get to know your students at the beginning of the semester or for having fun for a few minutes at the end of the day.
I updated this lesson (Nov 2016) with new screenshots and instructions because Kahoot updated their website with a new layout for creating Kahoots.
A guide has been added to show teachers and students how to use the New Kahoot Challenge Feature
• Assign kahoots as homework with the new challenge feature
• Create challenges on your computer or in the app, and students play them on their phones
• Make homework engaging, increase its completion rate and save time on correcting assignments!
Note: Students need to install the Kahoot App on their mobile devices.
Added information about the new Kahoot Name Generator Feature. No more naughty nicknames!
Most of us have experienced the issue with students trying to use naughty nicknames while using Kahoot with our classes. Also, sometimes students get overly creative coming up with names and it takes a long time for everyone to join. Kahoot has a new feature to simplify your hosting experience – their nickname generator!
This lesson/activity is also sold as part of a whole course bundle. Click on the link below to view that bundle…
Computers Course - Part 1
Purchase of this product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the internet or to other individuals.
Created by Gavin Middleton © TeachwithTech
TeachwithTech is not affiliated with Kahoot
Product names, logos, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within this lesson are the property of their respective trademark holders.
These trademark holders are not affiliated with TeachwithTech. They do not sponsor or endorse the contents, materials or processes discussed within this lesson.
Thanks for visiting my store! If you decide to make a purchase, please do not forget to leave feedback. I am very interested to read your thoughts about my products!
Also, don't forget to "FOLLOW" me for exciting new product announcements, sales, promotions and updates!