• Most of us have experienced problems with naughty nicknames while trying to play Kahoot with our classes.
• Also, sometimes students get overly creative coming up with names and it takes a long time for everyone to join.
• Kahoot has a new feature to simplify your hosting experience – their nickname generator!
• Instead of typing in a name to enter on their device, players will get up to three tries to spin for a nickname before joining the game.
• Currently their nickname generator includes 800 unique 2-word combinations, so you can use this feature even in very large games.
• This new feature means you will spend more time playing by getting students in the game right away, with minimal fuss!
How to Enable the Generator
1. Launch the kahoot game you want to play as usual from your account.
2. In the lobby, toggle on the Nickname generator feature from the game options menu – see screenshot on next slide for reference!
3. Players will join at kahoot.it or as usual. After entering the game PIN they have up to three tries to choose a nickname generated at random, before joining the game.
This guide shows teachers how to use the new Kahoot Name Generator Feature!
• Kahoot is a game-based classroom response system
• Create and play quizzes, discussions and surveys using any device with a web browser
• Motivate participation through game-based learning and rewards in a social setting
Thank you Tracee Orman for letting me know about this feature!
Students love Kahoot! I know this from the feedback I receive from other teachers and from my own experience with using Kahoot. Students ask me “Can we please play Kahoot?” For every game there is always lots of laughter and students are very engaged.
At the end of the 2014/15 school year, I gave students a day to complete missing assignments. There were several students who were finished all of their work. These students got together and set-up their own game of Kahoot. I did not suggest it, they just really wanted to play. This was more evidence for me that students love this interactive tool.
There are many uses for Kahoot including…
• Getting to know students at the beginning of a school year/semester
• Assessing student/class understanding of a topic
• Reviewing a unit before a test
• Surveying a class
• Having fun for a few minutes at the end of the day
Purchase of this product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the internet or to other individuals.
Created by Gavin Middleton © TeachwithTech
TeachwithTech is not affiliated with Kahoot
Product names, logos, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within this lesson are the property of their respective trademark holders.
These trademark holders are not affiliated with TeachwithTech. They do not sponsor or endorse the contents, materials or processes discussed within this lesson.
Thanks for visiting my store! If you decide to make a purchase, please do not forget to leave feedback. I am very interested to read your thoughts about my products!
Also, don't forget to "FOLLOW" me for exciting new product announcements, sales, promotions and updates!