Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Save money, buy the US States bundle. • Kansas state adapted books, differentiated for non-readers and readers, are a great way to introduce your students to the state of Kansas and its symbols.
What is included with the adapted book set of 2 books?
• Level 1 - 14 page book with 2 comprehension questions (18 total Velcro answer pieces); a shorter book with vocab words on each page
• Level 2 - 14 page book with 4 comprehension questions (22 total Velcro answer pieces); a longer book in sentence format
• Paper comprehension tests (matches the questions in each book - great for keeping data)
What information is included in the Kansas state adapted book?
• State abbreviation
• State capital
• State nickname
• State flag, bird, and flower
• Important state symbol/monument
• # of state, as entered into the union
• Region in the US
• Neighboring states
• Major Export/Crop
• List of 3 famous people from the state
Find more Adapted Books here.
How do I put these adapted books together?
You may find this blog post about adapted books helpful.
• Print on card stock and laminate.
• Cut on the dotted line on each page.
• Bind the adapted book together. OR hole punch in the upper left corner and use a 1" binder ring to hold the book together.
• Put a piece of Velcro in each empty box or circle. Put a piece of Velcro on the back of each answer piece.
Connect with me:
Don't forget about the green ★ to follow my store to get notifications of new resources and freebies!
Thanks for Looking and Happy Teaching!