We used Jayhawk colored construction paper.
How to make the flipbook:
1. Stagger Red, Yellow, and Blue Construction paper with 1/2 inch separation on the right side. Then fold, this should give you 6 tabs.
2. Staple and cut in half. On the upper right hand corner of the flipbook cut the corner to resemble Kansas's shape.
3. There are two ways to set up the tabs.
- One teacher chose to have the symbol title (State Mammal, State Insect, etc.) on the outer tabs and placing the picture labels (American Bison, Honeybee, etc.) on the inside next to the picture.
- Another teacher chose to put the picture labels (American Bison, Honeybee, etc.) on the outer tabs and the symbol title (State Mammal, State Insect, etc.) on the inside page next to the picture.
4. Have the students sort the Facts. These pages and facts are aligned with the Kansas Day PowerPoint Presentation.