Kansas Nebraska Act
Lesson 6 of the Slavery and a Dividing Nation Unit: Events that led to the Civil War.
This engaging and visually appealing 34-slide PowerPoint presentation is easy to understand with content illustrated with charts and pictures. It’s an excellent way to teach about Kansas-Nebraska Act and Bleeding Kansas.
NOTE: This slide presentation is a PowerPoint document. The text in the PowerPoint presentation can be altered, as can the order of the slides, transitions between slides, and animation of bullet points. The photos and proprietary fonts (in the titles and backgrounds) have been “digitally flattened” and are NOT ALTERABLE. This protects against copyright violation.
Overarching Questions for this PowerPoint presentation (Thinking Focus Questions):
- How did Uncle Tom’s Cabin affect attitudes toward slavery?
- Why did fighting break out in Kansas?
This PowerPoint presentation examines:
- The novel Uncle Tom’s Cabin and its impact across America
- Senator Stephen Douglas and his bill to set up a government for the Nebraska Territory
- Details of the Kansas-Nebraska Act
- How the Kansas-Nebraska Act essentially repealed the Missouri Compromise
- Border Ruffians and illegal voting in Kansas
- John Brown and his attack on Harper’s Ferry
- The creation of two different governments in Kansas
- The reaction in the North and South to the death of John Brown
Key words include:
Uncle Tom’s Cabin
This PowerPoint presentation and graphic organizer is part of the unit: A Dividing Nation: Events that led to the American Civil War. This unit can be downloaded in its entirety saving you substantially what it would cost you to buy each PowerPoint presentation and graphic organizer separately.
Each lesson comes with a visually appealing PowerPoint presentation and three graphic organizer notebook pages – separate answer key included! Here are other lessons in this unit you may be interested in:
Lesson 1: Northern Industry v Cotton Kingdom
Lesson 2: Nat Turner Slave Codes
Lesson 3: Reformers and the Underground Railroad
Lesson 4: Missouri Compromise
Lesson 5: Compromise of 1850
Lesson 6: Kansas Nebraska Act Bleeding Kansas
Lesson 7: Dred Scott Decision
Lesson 8: Lincoln Douglas Debates
Lesson 9: Fort Sumter Southern Secession
UNIT: Slavery and a Dividing Nation
Be sure to follow my store by clicking on the GREEN STAR next to my ZoopDog picture to receive notifications of new products.
Thanks for stopping by my store!