From Electric English...
This is a comprehensive packet for Kate Chopin and her short piece, "The Story of an Hour". You might notice as you peruse my store that each of these items is listed individually, as well as, bundled. For example, the answer key for the assessment is listed separate from the assessment itself.... This is not because I am greedy or want to squeeze one more dollar out of you. Had I included the answer key with the assessment, I would have listed the price at a dollar higher anyway.
No, I list everything separate because as a teacher, I know, that sometimes you want some material but do not want other material. And, you should not have to pay for items you do not need. To continue with my previous example, you might just want to do the answer key yourself and save the money.... I completely understand the need to save money; what teacher doesn't :) But if you do want it all...
This packet contains about two weeks of work, give or take a day. I have intentionally not included lesson plans with these packets because I feel, at times, they can be stifling.... The idea here is; you can pick and choose whatever material you want; in whatever order you want (depending on the time you have); instead of, constantly feeling like you must adhere to a certain schedule. Plus, this way, you have many resources at your disposal and can mix and match from year to year depending on your mood. This packet contains the following:
- Notes: Syntax and Style
- Syntax and Style: Analysis Activity
- Syntax and Style: Analysis Activity Key
- Syntax and Style: Activity Organizer
- Syntax and Style: Practice Activity
- Syntax and Style: Practice Activity Key
- Typed Biography
- Research Biography
- Essential Journal Questions Powerpoint (These accompany the information the students will learn about her life and her work.)
- The Story of an Hour: Full Text
- The Story of an Hour: Time Activity
- Informational Text - "The Good Wife Guide"
- "Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves" performed by Annie Lennox and Aretha Franklin
Please contact me with any questions or observations you might have :)