All elements of this bundle are editable -- some items will need input that is specific to your high school (Slides for Kazoo Censorship and Newspeak Creation). Additionally, you will need to generate questions for discussion using the newspeak terms (or have your students do so once newspeak terms are chosen).
Give Newspeak Creation to your students before you plan to do the discussion. Once you receive those from you students, decide on the class newspeak. (It is best that you choose the newspeak terms by reading student responses. Allowing total freedom of language choice might get a little too wild.) You can input your class’s newspeak terms into the Newspeak List for students to refer back to during discussion.
This bundle includes:
- A lesson plan that aligns with Common Core
- A PowerPoint to use during the lesson
- Newspeak Creation graphic organizer
- Newspeak List to fill in with newspeak terms as optional support
- Newspeak Examples from my classroom