Keeping Frog Eggs and Tadpoles - A Teacher Resource
This is a teacher resource on how to collect and care for frog eggs and tadpoles. Kids love live animals and this unit provides details on the proper care of frog tadpoles and eggs. We have a strong biology background and have experience in keeping tadpoles, salamanders and other critters in the classroom.
• Procedures for safe collection of eggs and tadpoles.
• How to prepare your habitat so your tadpoles survive.
• How to keep the animals alive including concerns about chlorine in the water and feeding your animals.
• How to prepare your habitat for tadpoles preparing to leave the water
• Includes a color (4 pages) and gray scale (4 pages) version of the resource.
From The Developer:
We have teaching backgrounds and authored several dozen children's books related to using critters in the classroom. We are using our experience and our biology background to provide information about keeping and using frog eggs and tadpoles in the classroom.
This is a teacher resource for collecting and keeping frog eggs and tadpoles. For a comprehensive unit you might want to consider our grade 2-4 unit: Frog Life Cycle - Becoming a Frog
• Includes this same teacher resource about keeping frog eggs and tadpoles.
• Includes activities, worksheets and a PowerPoint presentation related to a frog's life cycle.
Other TPT resources about the frog life cycle include:
Frog Life Cycle - Becoming a Frog
(PreK - grade 1)
Frog Life Cycle PowerPoint - Becoming a Frog
(PreK- grade 4)
Copyright © Galloping Turtle Books - All Rights Reserved. The purchase of this unit, including the individual parts, are for one teacher only. Other teachers or classrooms must purchase their own individual license. All the individual elements are copyrighted and not in the public domain. Rights do not allow any publication of any parts of the work or uploading to the school website or the internet in any form.
For More Educational Resources:
We are always looking for honest comments and ratings so we can improve our products.