Keeping Moths - A Teacher Resource
This is a teacher resource on how to collect and care for moths and moth caterpillars. Kids love live animals and this unit provides details on the proper care of moths. We have a strong biology background and have experience in keeping caterpillars, moths, butterflies and other critters in the classroom.
• Procedures for collection of moth eggs, caterpillars, cocoons and adults.
• How to prepare your habitat so your animals survive.
• How to keep the moth eggs, caterpillars, cocoons and adults.
• How to keep cocoons over winter.
• How to prepare for cocoons to hatch into adults.
• Mating adult moths.
• Includes a color (9 pages) and gray scale (9 pages) versions of the resource.
Moth Life Cycle - Becoming a Moth
(Grades 2-4). Note: This comprehensive unit also includes this same teacher resource about Keeping Moths.
Moth Life Cycle PowerPoint - Becoming a Moth
(PreK- Grade 4).
Moth Life Cycle - From Egg to Adult
From The Developer:
We have teaching backgrounds and authored several dozen children's books related to using critters in the classroom. We are using our experience and our biology background to provide information about keeping moths in the classroom.
Copyright © Galloping Turtle Books - All Rights Reserved. The purchase of this unit, including the individual parts, are for one teacher only. Other teachers or classrooms must purchase their own individual license. All the individual elements are copyrighted and not in the public domain. Rights do not allow any publication of any parts of the work or uploading to the school website or the internet in any form.
For More Educational Resources:
We are always looking for honest comments and ratings so we can improve our products.